Oracle 9iR2 on Red Hat 8.0/Kernel settings

From: Jack van Zanen <JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2002 04:38:50 -0800

Hi,

I'm to install Oracle9i R2 on RH linux soon as well. I have read the install guide about the kernel settings but they seem to only mention the correct settings for a single instance on LINUX. I have not had the privilege before to work on systems I had to set the kernel parameters (not needed on AIX) so I could use a little help on this.

RH linux 8.0
Oracle 9i R2
2 instances on one machine (about 25 concurrent users per db) buffer cache approx. 300MB (based on the old databases that is migrating plus some extra for upgrade)
Shared pool 25-35Mb (based on the old databases that is migrating plus some extra for upgrade)

What would my kernel settings be looking like, or could anybody point me to ocumentation that explains this???

TIA Jack

Author: Markus Reger
  INET: reger_at_mdw.ac.at

Author: Jack van Zanen