RE: Recipe for application design to run on RAC

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 14:29:15 -0800

Greg,

FantasyFootball is a different beast and is not hosted on this database. This one deals with live scores and the bottomline ... <g>.

There are only few tables that are shared by both schema, 50% ownership .. hasn't happened yet. We used to see huge global CR issues, but then it turned out to be a AIX issue and Oracle has a workaround for that .... (most unlikely parameter db_file_multiblock_read_count needs to be reduced).

So far what we have seen is undeniably there is global cache traffic, but it isn't like some of our other instances. This way, each side of RAC gets a nice powerful machine to itself, all the resources to itself and is capable of handling at-least 5 times the load we put on it before it breaks a sweat.

Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc. Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc.

Author: Jamadagni, Rajendra
  INET: Rajendra.Jamadagni_at_espn.com