Including properties in URL string

From: Vaughn, Rick <rick.vaughn_at_nitckc.usda.gov>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:49:23 -0800

I have a need to use a Secure Thin JDBC Connection from a 3rd party product to a Oracle 9i database. The 3rd party product will only allow me to specify a URL, User and Password for the connection. So, I would like to be able to specify a URL like the following:

jdbc:oracle:thin:@myhost:1521:mydb?user=abc&password=xyz&oracle.net.encrypti on_client=REQUIRED

But, if I attempt this I get the following error:

        java.sql.SQLException: invalid arguments in call

When working with other JDBC drivers in the past I have been able to pass properties in the URL String, but the Oracle driver doesn't appear to allow this.

Is it possible to pass properties in the URL String when using the Oracle JDBC thin driver? Perhaps I'm not using the correct syntax!

Thanks,
Rick

Author: Vaughn, Rick
  INET: rick.vaughn_at_nitckc.usda.gov

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Dec 04 2002 - 11:49:23 CST