RE: Single-task message waits

From: Cary Millsap <cary.millsap_at_hotsos.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 19:33:47 -0800

But if a so-called idle event is consuming end-user response time, then it *is* something to worry about. The problem with the so-called idle events is that when you see lots of time rack up to them in v$system_event, you can't know whether the time has tallied there because of end-user inactivity or because of some other reason... So in the context where you've collected diagnostic data to include both end-user response time and end-user idle time, you *have to* ignore the "idle events"; you have no other choice.

Cary Millsap
Hotsos Enterprises, Ltd.
http://www.hotsos.com

Upcoming events: