RE: Database up longer that host?

From: Stephen Andert <stephenandert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 19:58:48 -0800

Govind,

Actually, what I want it the same format as I have, I just want the numbers to match (or fall within) the numbers reported by the unix uptime command for example "up 4 days, 21:08 hours". In my case, the unix uptime is saying the host was last restarted after the database startup_time reported in v$instance.

Stephen

>>> Govind.Arumugam_at_alltel.com 12/02/02 07:43PM >>>
You may use following query will give you the uptime in hours and in minutes.

select sysdate, startup_time,
round( (sysdate - startup_time) *24*60 ,0 ) uptime_in_minutes, round( (sysdate - startup_time) *24 ,0) uptime_in_hours from v$instance

SYSDATE STARTUP_TIME UPTIME_IN_MINUTES UPTIME_IN_HOURS

20021202203918 20021202044608               953              16

Hope this is what you wanted.

Author: Meg Crocker
  INET: crocker_at_monstertrak.com

Author: <Govind.Arumugam_at_alltel.com