RE: Recipe for application design to run on RAC

From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 07:59:00 -0800

No.
Multiple application servers are for redundancy and load balancing at the ApplicationServer level.
Thus, all 4 application servers do the same job and transactions coming in to them
are "load balanced' by the application.  However, all 4 come in to the one database.
The idea is to use both nodes of the database server  in the same manner as using
all 4 application server nodes -- concurrently, instead of keeping one idle.

Hemant

At 07:59 AM 27-11-02 -0800, you wrote:

Couldn't you partitioned your database to accomplish the same thing and thus still be application-independent? - costs $$ licensing but ...

Author: Hemant K Chitale
  INET: hkchital@singnet.com.sg

Fat City Network Services    -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com
San Diego, California        -- Mailing list and web hosting services

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Hemant K Chitale INET: hkchital@singnet.com.sg Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru@fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 29 2002 - 09:59:00 CST