Re: NT Memory Leak 7.3.4

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 08:53:54 -0800

NT Memory Leak 7.3.4I think that you need to check if users are terminating connections.

The connections are part of the oracle.exe memory, so if the user just close his machine at the end of day it may be possible that the treads are accumulating and using memory.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  Hi,

      Does anyone know of a memory leak for Oracle 7.3.4.0 on Windows NT 4.0? A friend of mine is having to reboot monthly as the oracle73.exe grows to all of the memory on the machine when the SGA is pegged at 40M. As of today, the Oracle73.exe was at 210M and growing. They will be rebooting today. I know that the Oraclexx.exe starts less than the SGA and grows as it is used, but I haven't seen it go beyond the SGA settings. I have told him he needs to upgrade to 7.3.4.4 or 7.3.4.5. Is this good advice (they cannot go to 8)? Thank you in advance.

  --Chris

Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 28 2002 - 10:53:54 CST