RE: Oracle OS level security

From: O'Neill, Sean <Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie>
Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 03:53:51 -0800

Jared,

Very interested in the "thread" you hypothetical raised. I'm working in a pharamceutical site which is subject to FDA and other regualtions part of which is the whole buisness of audit trails.

We has a Standard Operating Procedure which states that whilst DBA's have a access to data they will not change it. A recognition of the DBA's capabilties but stating on paper company trust they will "behave" themselves.

On a more practical point with NT/W2K Oracle audit trail can be set to write audit trail records to the event logs. DBA's can be prevented from changing the event logs. So now it would take at least 2 people to instigate a fraud. Hey this might foster even better relations between DBA's and SA's ;)

Just my 2 cent worth :)

Seán O' Neill
Organon (Ireland) Ltd.
[subscribed: digest mode]

>> From: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com
>> Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:40:24 -0800
>> Subject: Oracle OS level security
>>
>>Dear list,
>>
>>Let me toss a hypothetical situation at you.
etc. etc.

This message, including attached files, may contain confidential information and is intended only for the use by the individual and/or the entity to which it is addressed. Any unauthorized use, dissemination of, or copying of the information contained herein is not allowed and may lead to irreparable harm and damage for which you may be held liable. If you receive this message in error or if it is intended for someone else please notify the sender by returning this e-mail immediately and delete the message.
Author: O'Neill, Sean
  INET: Sean.ONeill_at_organon.ie