Re: Mass updates to production tables (NULL to non-NULL)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 12:04:50 -0800

Try using dbms_xplan with SQL_TRACE switched on - the query it runs against the plan_table is very interesting. It includes code to pick up the plan of the recursive SQL that Oracle uses to populate temporary tables during (e.g. star transformations, subquery factoring).

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminar dates:
(see http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html )

____Denver_______December 2/4
____England______January 21/23

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> Date: 27 November 2002 02:27

>Yes you can, but I still like to see it in action with my own eyes to
verify
>;-) Another cool thing that came of all this is that I wasn't aware
of the
>"select * from table(dbms_xplan.display());" used by 9iR2. I play
with the
>9i's off and on when I have time, but not dealing with 9iR2 (or R1)
on a

Author: Jonathan Lewis
  INET: jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk