RE: is it possible ?

From: Jeff Herrick <jherrick_at_igs.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:00:24 -0800

On earlier (Unix) versions the SID was used to hash a value for the shared memory segment identifier. If this still is the case then what you are asking is _NOT_ possible. V7 even had a length of SID restriction...but that is long gone. There were even cases of 2 different SID's hashing to the same ident and causing problems....but I haven't heard of that one in a long time.

HTH Jeff Herrick

Author: Jeff Herrick
  INET: jherrick_at_igs.net