RE: LGWR using lots of CPU time, low CPU usage

From: John Shaw <John.Shaw_at_correctionscorp.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2002 07:23:46 -0800

I should have said spread across local drives.

>>> slee_at_dollar.com 11/26/02 05:35PM >>>

Hmmmm. I got to thinking about a previous reply which was while doing something else:

>I don't think changing the logmembers will do much good
I agree.

> 4 groups, they are on the local drive.
BOOM!! Then got to thinking .... This is not right at all. I think I was making a subconscious interpretation based on the context of your usage of the terms. If your groups look like
GROUP1

    redo_01a.dbf_or_log
    redo_01b.dbf_or_log
    redo_01c.dbf_or_log

GROUP2

    redo_02a.dbf_or_log
    redo_02b.dbf_or_log
    redo_02c.dbf_or_log

etc.

Then, this all this extra writing will definitely incur overhead.

Now, the part about it all being on "the local drive": That still is BOOM!!

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com

Author: John Shaw
  INET: John.Shaw_at_correctionscorp.com