RE: LGWR using lots of CPU time, low CPU usage

From: Deborah Lorraine <debil_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 12:35:17 -0800

Thanks for this paper--I will share it with our Sun engineer.

BTW, to clarify, I have 20 redo groups with 2 members each...I think I'm saying it right:

LOGFILE Group 1 ('/disk1/log01.log',

                  '/disk2/log01.log') size 100M,
         Group 2 ('/disk1/log02.log',
                  '/disk2/log02.log') size 100M,
         Group 20 ('/disk1/log20.log',
                   '/disk2/log20.log') size 100M

The oldest log in the group is dated yesterday; but more than half have today's date. I had one period today where there were 4 switches less than a minute apart!!

Debi

Author: Deborah Lorraine
  INET: debil_at_ucdavis.edu