RE: LONG's

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 10:11:49 -0800

LONG's maybe converted to LOB's via the TO_LOB SQL function.

There are strict limitations on this function: it can only be used in the SELECT subquery of an INSERT statement.

e.g INSERT INTO lob_table
  SELECT n, TO_LOB(long_col) FROM long_table;

As to which is better, LONG columns will convert to CLOB, and LONG RAW to BLOB. There isn't any 'better', just 'different'.

Jared

"VIVEK_SHARMA" <VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com> Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 11/26/2002 09:28 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: LONG's

How may LONG , LON RAW be Converted to CLOB or LOB ? Which is Better ?

Thanks

Author: Hand, Michael T
  INET: HANDM_at_polaroid.com

Author: VIVEK_SHARMA
  INET: VIVEK_SHARMA_at_infosys.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 26 2002 - 12:11:49 CST