RE: redo log file setup with mirrored drives

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 08:10:09 -0800

Sure...

What I posted came from my discussions with others and from various resources on Metalink and from Oracle Training Classes. Note #45042.1 titled Archiver Best Practices summarizes it all.

Agreed, that RAID and disk technologies have improved over the years, however, I would still continue using multiple redo log members on any OS. Redo log files serve different purpose in an Oracle database, and so should be treated differently.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com

Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com