Re: Anyone else had a Virus alert for Stephane Faroult's email ?

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 12:03:48 -0800

Martin Kendall wrote:

> My Norton Antivirus reports that Stephane's email re. "How to pass
> value from SQL*Plus to Unix scripts?" contains the W32.Klez.H_at_mm virus
> in an "item" called stars-bkgrd.
>
> Anyone else had same alert ?
>
> Martin

> Name: smime.p7s
> smime.p7s Type: PKCS7 Signature (application/x-pkcs7-signature)
> Encoding: 7bit

Sorry for the trouble, folks, but I have trouble understanding. When I am answering the list, it is either from a Linux machine (and netscape) - not infected by W32.Klez.H_at_mm according to the Symantec site - or from a mail web interface. I sent the e-mail mentioned above on October 22nd or October 23rd (two answers to the same question) more than one month ago, and from Linux. I hope that somebody is not harvesting the list ... If anybody has any hint about how to check for viruses on a Linux machine, BTW ...

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Software