RE: Problem doing RMAN backup of Clone?

From: Stephen Lee <slee_at_dollar.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 09:04:31 -0800

You can change the DBID as mentioned in other messages. (see metalink doc id 174625.1)

If you don't want to change the DBID, you can still backup the database using RMAN; you just can't use the same schema in the same rman catalog database as the original.

You can:
1. Use a different catalog database.
2. Use a different schema in the same catalog database (for example rman_prod and rman_test schemas).
3. Don't use a catalog, and rely entirely on the control files as your catalog.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com