Optimizer tuning parameter not working?

From: Mohammed Shakir <mshakir08816_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2002 07:14:47 -0800

I changed the optimizer_search_limit value to 1 in init.ora to minimize the cartesian product in my execution plans. But I do not see any change in my execution plans. Am I missing something?

I modified init.ora and bounced the database. I have also tried to run the query after manually set it in my sql session without any change in results. I tried it on NT/Oracle 8.1.7.4.1

I noticed that my execution plans do not change for the following tuning parameters either.

  1. Optimizer_index_cost_adj=50
  2. Optimizer_max_permutations=70000

Mohammed Shakir
CompuSoft, Inc.