Re: A way to restore a DB

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 11:38:37 -0800

Hello Andrey

You can use the DataBee (www.databee.com) to generate scripts for the creation of the database.

I think that you can create a small database, with the same sid and directory structure, on another machine and apply all the scripts there. Then you copy the files to a backup directory on the main server and let it wait. In case of need you just copy the files over the production database and restart the instance and you have a working database in a few seconds. Then you run the import and you are ready for production. You can then create the big tablespaces and import the historical data.

Do not forget - the more time it take to import the historical data the less you have to do since some days already passed :-).

Yechiel Adar
Mehish
Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il