Re: find the system process for an oracle session

From: Rodd Holman <roddholman_at_HotPOP.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 09:19:05 -0800

This probably gives you more than you asked for, but it works.

select substr(s.sid,1,6) SID,

       s.serial#,
       p.spid OSPROCESS,
       substr(p.program,1,25) OSPROG,
       substr(s.osuser,1,20) OSUSER,
       status,substr(s.schemaname,1,20) SCHEMANAME,
       substr(s.machine,1,15) MACHINE,
       s.terminal,
       s.program
from   v$session s,
       v$process p

where s.paddr = p.addr
order by s.terminal, s.schemaname, s.osuser;

--
Rodd Holman
Enterprise Data Systems Engineer

Author: Rodd Holman