Re: Dynamic views

From: Jay <fish_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 19:08:47 -0800

Dynamic viewsWe have a different business case but you might want to look into materialized views.

  Hi Guys

  I'm trying to see if I can get around paying oracle $50,000 for partitioning

  I have a huge table and I want to partition it on date so I created 12

  tables

  AAAA_JAN   AAAA_FEB   And so on

  But I want to create a view that will be used for inserting so it always

  Points to the current month without having to recreate the view every month.

  Is there anyway anybody can think of doing this?

  Thanks

  David Hill

  DBA   Le Chateau

Author: Jay
  INET: fish_dba_at_hotmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 20 2002 - 21:08:47 CST