Execution Plans in trace files??

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:49:29 -0800

Sorry for the double post all, someday I'll learn to get my subject lines right!!

I've got 9.2 loaded up on my laptop, have for some time. I've been playing around with base trace files (haven't done that in a while) and discovered something interesting. I found within the trace file the actual execution plan for the SQL statement being run. Now, I don't mean the TKPROF output here, rather I'm talking about the trace file generated by the database session itself.

I looked on my AIX Oracle 9.2 databases and I'm not seeing this behavior here. I've done some looking around but find nothing on this. Is there some parameter that is set to enable the inclusion of the execution plan in trace files? I've never noticed this behavior before, is this new, or something specific to the NT port?

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle OCP
Oracle Database Architect
CSX Midtier Database Administration
Author of several Oracle books you can find on Amazon.com!

Londo Mollari: Ah, arrogance and stupidity all in the same package. How efficient of you.

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 16:49:29 CST