RE: Oracle's File Mapping

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:29:59 -0800

THis is a new feature in the 9iR2 database (I don't recall it being in 9iR1). It uses vendor supplied libraries to provide physical disk information within the database. I have not really played with it yet (I was just reading about it a couple of weeks ago) but it sounds interesting. There is documentation on it in the Oracle docs, tahiti.oracle.com.

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle OCP
Oracle Database Architect
CSX Midtier Database Administration
Author of several Oracle books you can find on Amazon.com!

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 12:29:59 CST