db file sequential read

From: <Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:53:59 -0800

I'm search of perfection in an imperfect world. This problem involves a V7.3.4.5 DB on V2.6 Solaris.

As part of our nightwork batch processing, a bunch of reports are run against the DB.
I have a DBMS_JOB which reports when processes are waiting for events like "db file sequential read". I typically get an email showing about 2 dozen sessions
with wait times of 3 - 15 seconds all of which are doing one block reads against
P_INVLOC; which is the Primary Key for the Inventory_Location table. This index
has INITRANS=31 & FREELISTS=31. This is a decent sized index at about 128MB.

I'm open for suggestion WRT what else can & could be done to eliminate or reduce these waits.

  INET: Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 19 2002 - 08:53:59 CST