Re: Cognos Reporting Tool

From: Brian Maniko <bmaniko_at_nmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 04:58:38 -0800

Rodd,

We have used Impromptu and Powerplay with good success since 1995. There are 2 flavors of Impromptu (Administrative and User). The administrative version allows for the creation of an Impromptu catalog. The catalog defines the database (Oracle, DB2...), connect string, tables, and join structures. Also additional security can be added to the catalog in the form of user classes. Users then create ad-hoc reports via the catalog. There is a client/server product and a web product which we have be converting our users to.

Brian

Author: Brian Maniko
  INET: bmaniko_at_nmu.edu