Re: RMAN backup

From: Ruth Gramolini <rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2002 05:49:02 -0800

And of course there is the obvious reason, a level 0 also backs up the controlfile. This is essential for point in tijme recovery.

Ruth

  How about switching to incremental (from "full") backups? Even if all you   do are level-0 backups?

  My understanding of the difference between a "full" and a "level-0" backup   (besides the obvious impact on any subsequent level-n incremental backups)   is that level-0 backups only back up database blocks that are currently in   use, as opposed to "full" backups which back up all database blocks which   have ever been used (i.e. no longer "unformatted").

  Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com   --
  Author: Tim Gorman
    INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com

  To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message   to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in   the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L   (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may   also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).
Author: Ruth Gramolini
  INET: rgramolini_at_tax.state.vt.us