Re: RE: surprising result:8CPU Sun 3500 VS 4CPU Dell 6650

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_vip.163.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:07:04 -0800

Stephen Lee,

		To tell you the truth, sun 4500 is the most high end sun i have ever touched:), so i do not have experience on concept like partition etc.
		And talking about that excellent High Avaliable feature like CPU/Memory corruption and the server still run,that is really something great. And i did not know it before.And i think it is impossible to implement on that kind of low end Dell PC servers, but for servers like V880, that is also something impossible i think, right? We cannot compare a product whose value is 1M$ with products whose value is 10K$:).  After all, intel is still on middle-low end.
		Thanks for your valueable knowledge, thanks.

Regards
zhu chao
Eachnet DBA
86-21-32174588-667