Installing 8.1.7 on a machine with an existing 9.0.1 installation

From: Stefan Jahnke <Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:13:46 -0800

Hi everybody

I'm about to throw my laptop out of the window (I'm on Win2k). I have an existing 9.0.1 installation (server and developer tools like designer and jedevelop). That works. Now I need to install an additional 8.1.7. If I run the installer from 8.1.7, it tells me that the component oracle.swd.jre 1.1.8.10.0 is missing while checking the dependencies (after you decide the installation type, before the list of available products/options is displayed). Checking the components in the stage directory, it shows that it is really missing.
Next try was to install 8.1.7 using the 9.0.1 installer. Installation works, but hangs at the end ... great. Next try was to take the oracle.swd.jre 1.1.8.10.0 component from 9.0.1 (where it exists) and copy it to the 8.1.7 stage and to create the property files. No success. Any ideas, or do I have to remove everything, then install 8.1.7 first, folowed by 9.0.1 and the developer tools. That would be very diappointing.

Regards,
Stefan

Author: Stefan Jahnke
  INET: Stefan.Jahnke_at_bov.de

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 14 2002 - 05:13:46 CST