Instances cannot be together LISTENER PROBLEM??

From: Gabriel Aragon <gabriel_gap_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 15:45:50 -0800

Hi, I have a Win2000 Server with a 8.1.7. ora database with an instance called XXX, after that I've created a new one, called YYY.

I open both databases without problems but 45 min then both instances are down.

I open the X instance, then the Y instance, checked the status of the listener:

Connecting to
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0)))
STATUS of the LISTENER

Alias                     LISTENER
Version                   TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows:
Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Prod
tion
Start Date                12-NOV-2002 17:06:22
Uptime                    0 days 0 hr. 0 min. 0 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  OFF
SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File
D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\listener.ora Listener Log File
D:\oracle\ora81\network\log\listener.log Services Summary...
  PLSExtProc            has 1 service handler(s)
  XXX         has 1 service handler(s)
  YYY         has 1 service handler(s)

The command completed successfully

Suddenly appears a DOS screen (at the server) executing several times the command:
D:\jdk1.3.1\bin\javac

Checking the status again:

Connecting to
(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=IPC)(KEY=EXTPROC0)))
STATUS of the LISTENER

Alias                     LISTENER
Version                   TNSLSNR for 32-bit Windows:
Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Prod
tion
Start Date                12-NOV-2002 17:06:22
Uptime                    0 days 0 hr. 9 min. 59 sec
Trace Level               off
Security                  OFF
SNMP                      OFF

Listener Parameter File
D:\oracle\ora81\network\admin\listener.ora Listener Log File
D:\oracle\ora81\network\log\listener.log Services Summary...
  PLSExtProc            has 1 service handler(s)
  XXX         has 1 service handler(s)
  YYY                has 1 service handler(s)
  YYY                has 2 service handler(s)
The command completed successfully

The databases are down 15 minutes after that. I am not sure if the problem is with the listener, is this a normal behavior? Its normal having 3 services for the same instance? I've never used the jrun machine, is normal that executes is this way several times every x minutes?

I have the following error at the SQLNET.log every minute (almost at the same the time javac runs):

Fatal NI connect error 12640, connecting to:  (DESCRIPTION=(LOCAL=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=beq)))

  VERSION INFORMATION:
        TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

        Oracle Bequeath NT Protocol Adapter for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.1.7.0.0 - Production
  Time: 12-NOV-2002 17:29:26
  Tracing not turned on.
  Tns error struct:
    nr err code: 0
    ns main err code: 12640
    TNS-12640: Authentication adapter initialization failed

    ns secondary err code: 0
    nt main err code: 0
    nt secondary err code: 0
    nt OS err code: 0

What do I need to check to detect what is shutting down the DB's?

TIA
Gabriel

Do you Yahoo!?
U2 on LAUNCH - Exclusive greatest hits videos http://launch.yahoo.com/u2