FW: Destination address unreachable

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 11:09:14 -0800

Is it that Oracle's business model is pushing these releases or is it the rapid pace of technology change and the demand of the user for features? The push to the web, XML, Java, and new feature requests (rename column, fk's , drop column, etc...). Then there is competition too that has to be considered. If Oracle doesn't "keep up with the Joneses" as it were, what kind of market share will it have 5 and 10 years down the line.

So, in my opinion, Oracle really has no choice but to pursue the course that it is. I think they have learned some lessons down the road, and I'm willing to bet that 10.0.1 (or whatever) will be far more stable than 9.0.1 was.

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle OCP
Oracle Database Architect
CSX Midtier Database Administration
Author of several Oracle books you can find on Amazon.com!

Author: Pall, Tom [Contractor]
  INET: tpall02_at_sprintspectrum.com

  INET: Sunil_Nookala_at_Dell.com

Author: BALA,PRAKASH (HP-USA,ex1)
  INET: prakash.bala_at_hp.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 08 2002 - 13:09:14 CST