(no subject)

From: oraclegeek <oraclegeek_at_burntmail.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 14:03:41 -0800

Hello fokls. First, I do not and have never worked for Oracle. I thought I'd show you some funny and interesting comments from the Oracle source tree that I've been made privy to. Here is today's installment.

      /* retch, gag, choke.  If this bit is off, oracle doesn't break/reset
	 the ttc pipe in the event of an error.  When oracle is running an NPI
	 execution, there may well be data left in the pipe when an error
	 occurs at type-check time since the current crop of bind variables
	 are sent along with the execute function block . Since this bit is
	 always cleared, the data stays in the pipe and fouls things up on
	 the next transmit.  So...don't clear the bit here if executing an
	 OEXEC (or an OALL, which may execute an OEXEC).  Instead, let opiobv
	 clear it.  This means that any execute error will mean a break/reset,
	 even if there is no data left in the pipe.  Tough luck, campers */

Author: oraclegeek
  INET: oraclegeek_at_burntmail.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 16:03:41 CST