RE: Data Purging Strategy

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 11:18:45 -0800

Jay,

just make sure you are not around when, after several Oracle upgrades, and they want to "import" one of these files back that they discover that the current release of import can no longer read the older version of the .dmp file.

now what are these senior damagers going to do? blame the DBA, that's what!

duck and cover... duck and cover...

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: Mercadante, Thomas F
  INET: NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 13:18:45 CST