shareplex core dumps - help

From: Ji, Richard <Richard.Ji_at_MobileSpring.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 08:34:41 -0800

Hi all,

We are having a shareplex issue and I am hoping someone here with shareplex knowledge
can help me out. I don't know much about shareplex. Basically we are replicating to a
target table which is partitioned by date. And partitions that are 3 days old will be set
to read-only because there are not suppose to be anything new. But occasionally, some
record with timestamp older than 3 days creep up, so of course shareplex couldn't put
the record into the target partition because it's read-only.

Now the problem is shareplex core dumps when this happens. I am very surprised that
we couldn't have a rule that tells shareplex if you can't replicate then either discard the
record or put it elsewhere. Core dump seems to be a extreme reaction to this. unfortunately
this is hosted and ran by a hosting company and I have no shareplex here to test or verify.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Richard

Author: Ji, Richard
  INET: Richard.Ji_at_MobileSpring.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Nov 07 2002 - 10:34:41 CST