Re: full exp/imp of user to new tablespace; same user

From: Stephane Faroult <sfaroult_at_oriole.com>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2002 06:18:56 -0800

> "Markham, Richard" wrote:
>
> I have a full export of user to where I need to import all his
> objects/grants
> but into a NEW tablespace. What's the easiest way I can assure that
> ~everything~ is imported. Will I need to use a combination of
> INDEXFILE
> and other procedures or will a full export; drop tablespace; create
> new
> tablespace; alter user's default tablespace; full import suffice for
> all objects? Thanks for any tips.

If all the objects are already stored in a single tablespace the simplest way is enough. Otherwise you are going to have a problem since everything will be created in the default tablespace (if there is enough space). INDEXFILE is not a perfect solution either because it 'forgets' indices associated with constraints (UNIQUE, PRIMARY KEY). The simplest way is, if you can afford it, to size generously your tablespace so that everything fits in. Then move all indices you want elsewhere out through ALTER INDEX ... REBUILD which is reasonably fast and also works on indices associated with constraints. It's easy to generate the query to do it by querying DBA_SEGMENTS.

--
Regards,

Stephane Faroult
Oriole Software