RE: Oracle to Excel

From: Mirsky, Greg <gmirsky_at_Estee.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 13:19:55 -0800

Laura,

Check out Tom Kyte's site. He has posted the source code for a PL/SQL package called OWA_SYLK that will dump a SQL query to a *.SLK file (*.SLK files can be directly opened by Excel). Plug in the SQL and then go... send the output file to the user and they do the rest.

Here is the link:

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1556583::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID, F4950_P8_CRITERIA:828426949078,%7Bowa_sylk%7D <http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1556583::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID ,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:828426949078,%7Bowa_sylk%7D>

We use it constantly!

Greg

Author: Mirsky, Greg
  INET: gmirsky_at_Estee.com