RE: ORA-01089

From: Jack van Zanen <JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:56:33 -0800

Do you have Enterprise manager running? That may hang up a shutdown immediate as well. Shut down agent first and then the database.

Everything ok.?
He felt gutsy and decided ORACLE was robust enough to handle the abort. Maybe he checked the previous backup was alright and that archives were available as well:-)

Jack

Author: Saira Somani
  INET: saira_somani_at_yahoo.com

Author: Jack van Zanen
  INET: JACK_at_QUANTSYSTEMS.NL
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Nov 06 2002 - 09:56:33 CST