Re: ORA-19502 ON RAID 5 DISKS WITH ENOUGH FREE SPACE

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 09:34:09 -0800

Yechiel,

What about those alert log entries?

Jared

"Yechiel Adar" <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
 11/05/2002 10:38 AM

        To: "ORACLE-L" <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>, <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>, <Charlie_Mengler_at_HomeDepot.com>

        cc:
        Subject:        Re: ORA-19502 ON RAID 5 DISKS WITH ENOUGH FREE SPACE

Hello Charlie and Jared

Thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned in my mail there is a lot of free space on the disk and the database is with auto archive.
Our problem is that the ARCH process gives an error message (ora 19502) and
stop. There are messages on the console about error trying to write the archive log, like when the disk is full. Then the redo log will fill up and
the instance will stop.

After I connect as internal and do:
archive log stop;
archive log all;