User Log-Machine Name

From: <PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in>
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 00:23:28 -0800

Hello

A user log is maintained for a table.I want to log all updations made to this table.
I have written a database trigger (After Update) to log the changes to another table.My requirement is to find the machine name from which the updation has occurred and log the machine name also . How to get the currently working session ID so that machine name can be retrieved fromV$session view or any other method to retrive the machine name uniquely.

Is it that one Oracle user can have multiple active sessions on different machines? Eg.

User Name Status         Module          Session   Machine
XX        ACTIVE    SQL*Plus       10         AA
XX        ACTIVE    SQL*Plus       19         BB

Regards,
Deepa

  INET: PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Nov 05 2002 - 02:23:28 CST