RE: Red Hat or Suse

From: Farnsworth, Dave <DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 08:45:06 -0800

I think I used to date Suse.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 10:14 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Hmmm, I'm using SuSE on my servers more than 3 years and I've never used kernel from distribution and I hope nobody is using standard kernel on server. (SuSE standard kernel doesn't know ServerWorks chipset).
Software location in SuSE is very orderly organized, but other than in RH. I don't think this the way they urge you to use only SuSE. SuSE helpdesk is usable only if you need "shit of the day". But it is the same with RedHat, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM etc.

But, I think, SuSE have closed the US office.

JP

Author: Jan Pruner
  INET: jan_at_pruner.cz

Author: Farnsworth, Dave
  INET: DFarnsworth_at_Ashleyfurniture.com