Re: disable SNP job processing temporarily

From: Igor Neyman <ineyman_at_perceptron.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 07:28:42 -0800

disable SNP job processing temporarily1. Mark all your jobs as "broken": dbms_job.broken(job_no, TRUE). declare nJ int;

JobNum_Array DBMS_SQL.NUMBER_TABLE;

begin

SELECT job BULK COLLECT INTO JobNum_Array

FROM dba_jobs;

FOR nJ IN 1..JobNum_Array.COUNT LOOP

DBMS_JOB.BROKEN(JobNum_Array(nJ), TRUE);

END LOOP; commit;

DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(60); EXCEPTION WHEN NO_DATA_FOUND THEN NULL; end;

/

2. Wait untill there is no records in dba_jobs_running. declare lCount int := 1;

BEGIN WHILE (lCount > 0) LOOP

SELECT COUNT(*) INTO lCount

FROM dba_jobs_running;

DBMS_LOCK.SLEEP(20); END LOOP; END;
/

3. Recompile your packages.

4. Mark all your jobs as "un-broken": dbms_job.broken(job_no, FALSE, next_date), specifying proper "next_date".

Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
ineyman_at_perceptron.com

  I have job_queue_processes 5 and job_queue_interval 3   I need to release locks on packages for a recompile   but ALTER SYSTEM ENABLE RESTRICTED SESSION; is not   always an option for me. Does anyone know what I can   do to suspend job processing (with minimal impact).

Author: Igor Neyman
  INET: ineyman_at_perceptron.com