RE: Multiple Oracle Versions on Same Host (Workgroup 8.0.6 & Ente

From: David Davis <davisdav_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:11:00 -0800

Dennis,

I had mentioned the licensing. But, it is a separate topic. They wanted to know from a technical perspective could it be done.

I agree that one should stick with vendor certified systems. I support PeopleSoft on Oracle so I am very fussy about what versions we are on. As for this application I don't know what their intentions are. I have been involved with them for only a couple of hours when this came up.

I certainly find it disturbing if the vendor has not yet certified 8i, when 9iR2 is shipping. I also intend to track that one down.

I just found out that the entire issue is being grouped into a project passed to IBM so they have to worry about it. (We outsourced our Infrastructure to IBM). Though enquiring minds want to know.

Thx.

David

Surf the Web without missing calls! Get MSN Broadband. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/freeactivation.asp
Author: David Davis