TNS:protocol adapter error

From: Mubarik Ali <mali_at_lmkr.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 03:13:24 -0800

Hi

I have installed oracle server 8.1.6 on windows 2000 system. It is working fine.
After this, I installed oracle client 8.1.6 on windows 2000 system. But domain of both
oracle server and client machines are diffrent. I used complete service name with domain name
and oracle is accessible from windows client machine.

When i installed same client 8.1.6 on Windows NT system in different domain.
It's giving error "ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error" and oracle is not connecting from client machine.

I also check TNSNAMES.ORA and SQLNET.ORA file. I made some modifications but I am still
facing the same problem.

Thanks,

Mubarak Ali
Software Developer
LMK Resources, A Landmark Graphics Affiliated Company E-mail: mali_at_lmkr.com
Phone: +92 51 111 101 101 Ext. 712
Fax: +92 51 226 4167, +92 51 225 5989
http://www.lmkr.com

Author: Mubarik Ali
  INET: mali_at_lmkr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Nov 01 2002 - 05:13:24 CST