RE: Unkillable Background process "SHUTDOWN ABORT LEAVES UNKILLABLE

From: Sinardy Xing <SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 19:03:39 -0800

Hi all,

Jared you are right...

kill -9 #### successful but ps -ef |grep ora_ said the processes are still there (only LGWR and CKPT, the rest are die) when I try to startup again lk<SID> refuse to mount my database I guest Oracle not finished the housekeeping job.

when I try to "sync" the session hung (init will sync automatically therefore it hung too) I have to POWER OFF and POWER ON my SUN BOX to release the mount point My sun clustering fail to fail over because of this

there is jargon in unix call zombie process (what is this ?) What is tampered process, and when it happen ?

Oracle Support said if shutdown abort can't kill the process is your OS problem not Oracle. Why Oracle PMON and SMON never do anything about this ?

Sinardy

Author: Sinardy Xing
  INET: SinardyXing_at_bkgcomsvc.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 31 2002 - 21:03:39 CST