RE: SQL*Net Message to client/SQL*Net more data to client

From: Stephen Andert <StephenAndert_at_firsthealth.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 08:39:31 -0800

Funny you should mention sunspots since that's what some of our people are saying along with the phase of the moon. When we find a solution
(this is business critical, failure is not an option), I'll post a
summary.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Stephen

>>> slee_at_dollar.com 10/30/02 08:14AM >>>

For what it's worth, we had the same thing going on here recently and have
not resolved it. In our case, it is a visual basic app running what is
essentially a batch job (don't ask me why a batch job was written as a VB
app; I just work here). The client is a PC, and the database is on Tru64
(again ... I just work here). Three different PC's were tried. It
appears
that the tcp_nodelay parameter worked on two of them but not the third
(which, as you might guess, is the production box and the one on which
it
NEEDS to run faster ... Of course!). All the PC's are on the same subnet,
going through same routers to get to the same database.

If you get the problem resolved, I will be most interested in your solution.
Thus far, we have only been able to attribute it either to sunspots or something about the W2K OS on the PC ... both of which, as we all know, are
responsible for a lot of unexplained behavior.

Author: Stephen Lee
  INET: slee_at_dollar.com