RE: Stand-by database implementation ...

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 21:09:16 -0800

Lizz - Given the amount of effort you are going to invest in this, I would seriously study the features in 9i Data Guard (new Standby name) and ask if there was any way that I could invest that effort in 9i. Many sites feel that the switchover to standby is so cumbersome in 8i (you must rebuild the other site), that in fact they only switch as a last resort. With 9i you can switch back and forth easily.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Lizz Pena
  INET: lizz_pena_at_yahoo.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 29 2002 - 23:09:16 CST