RE: RE: oracle or mssql

From: Jenner Mike <M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2002 04:18:50 -0800

List,

        I'm always keen to refresh on database comparisons so thanks for everyone's pointers.

I'm surprised Oracle doesn't make more of an issue about their locking and concurrency methods (i.e. redo/rollback/undo).

MSSQL seems to deal with it in two ways: Default: readers and writers prevent writers from accessing data until they are finished with it!
Author: GKor_at_rdw.nl
Date:       10/23/2002 11:48 PM

goodmorning
everybody who responded to my basic question : thanks

summary

Author: Jenner Mike
  INET: M.Jenner_at_southampton.gov.uk