Re: Location of Trace file

From: Tom Pall <tpall_at_realtime.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 12:58:30 -0800

Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production With the Partitioning, OLAP and Oracle Data Mining options JServer Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

on Microsoft Window 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 3.

I have no registry entry for a pfile or ifile. Since I have no ifile, the query

Show parameter ifile

returns a null string.

oracle\ora92\database contains the file SPFILETOM.ORA (this is 9i, remember).
oracle\admin\tom\pfile contains init.ora.9212002185826.

TOM is the database sid.

It looks like the Oracle installer for 9i did away with the single line pfile it created in Oracle 8i. It also looks like Oracle expects to find the spfile ORACLE_HOME\database. ORACLE_HOME is defined in the registry.

Author: Tom Pall
  INET: tpall_at_realtime.net