RE: Unix Q: Substring-ing an output.

From: Ross Collado <Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:53:26 -0800

Thanks Mark.

Yes that helps, in a way. I could use good ol' awk to parse the last field! However, a slight problem in the ps -ef output. If I do what you have suggested on my 'ps -ef' output below, I would only get RMAN as it is the only one in field #8. All the rest are in field #9. All I need now is figure out how to cut the last field then pipe it to your awk command. Ok I'm getting somewhere!

Rgds,
Ross

Author: Ross Collado
  INET: Ross.Collado_at_techpac.com