RE: can clustering help INSERTS ?

From: Rahul <rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:23:23 -0800

top waits from system_event, when i siad "no waits" .. i ment no waits while querying session_wait !!
offcourse a DB WILL experience waits... but, are these waits slowing down my inserts ??

these stats are after the insertion of 16 million rows, the table in question is the only table on that disk

EVENT                  TOTAL_WAITS TOTAL_TIMEOUTS SEC_WAITED AVERAGE_WAIT
----------------------------------- ----------- -------------- ----------
------------
parallel query dequeue wait              314695         314824  629392.78
200.000883
db file parallel write                    28199            356    3850.24
13.6538175
db file sequential read                  650214              0    2681.93
.412468818
buffer busy waits                         31427             16     955.09
3.03907468
latch free                              1623885          42121     818.44
.050400121
log file parallel write                   25338              0     737.44
2.91041124
db file scattered read                    50131              0     690.79
1.37796972
log file sync                             10085              3     144.78
1.43559742

Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id