RE: DB monitoring using SNMP MIBs

From: Leonard, George <george.leonard_at_farnell.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:59:10 -0800

Hi Jared

Someone mentioned that you have a perl+dba tool set, would you mind telling us more about it, etc etc.

Sorry guys but it is 02:56 and I am monitoring a db build, (100GB) need things to amuse me.

Thx
Ps: thx for all the people that send me scripts on how to monitor rollback segment usage by a session. Below is a modification of what was send to me by Kevin Lange [kgel_at_ppoone.com].

Thx Kevin,

One of the developers here are writing a little Delphi app as a front end for it to show using some nice graphics the output that is then further drill down-able to the actual query and more information about the relevant session.

set lines 300
column name format a7
column sid format 9999
column serial# format 99999
column username format a10
column machine format a25
column status format a10
column cr_get format 99,999,999
column phy_io format 9,999,999
column used_ublk format 99,999,999
column "DB User" format a10
column "Sql Hash" format 9999999999
column command format a30

column "MB" format 99,999
column "MB Used" format 99,999.99
column "Start Time" format a18
column "%" format 99.99

SELECT
  r.NAME, -- rbs name
  s.sid,
  s.username,
  t.status,
  t.cr_get, -- consistent gets
  t.phy_io, -- physical IO
  t.used_ublk, -- Undo blocks used
  round(sg.blocks * ts.blocksize / 1048576, 2) "MB",
	(t.used_ublk*8192)/1024/1024 "MB Used",
	((t.used_ublk*8192)/1024/1024)/(round(sg.blocks * ts.blocksize /
1048576, 2))*100 "%",
  s.sql_address "Address",
  s.sql_hash_value "Sql Hash",
	t.start_time "Start Time",
	s.machine,

  SUBSTR (s.program, 1, 78) "COMMAND"
FROM sys.v_$session s, sys.v_$transaction t, sys.v_$rollname r,
		 v$rollstat ss,
     sys.undo$ ud,
     sys.seg$ sg,
     sys.ts$ ts