Re: Flat file generation integrity ideas...

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2002 19:48:23 -0800

I was going to suggest MD5 as well. Though I was thinking of the Perl version.

The DBMS_OBFUSCATION version is fine, but I was thinking of the unload method.

Chris, how are you creating the flat files? UTL_FILE? SqlPlus?

Perl is much faster than sqlplus, dunno about UTL_FILE, as I haven't compared them for speed. (yet)

PL/SQL also requires about 10x more code for this kind of thing than Perl.

You *could* just modify the sqlunldr.pl script in "Perl for Oracle DBA's" to add MD5 checksums at the beginning of the line. You could also easily\ MD5 the entire file in one line of code.

If you're using C, well, you're just working too hard. ;)

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com